As of Jan 1st 2013, this blog is retired. If you're not redirected, click here!

Thursday, November 22, 2012

Nanowrimo Progress Report (Day 22)

Hey guys, just checking in with my third Nanowrimo progress report to let you all know how the challenge has progressed:

  • I remain just shy of where I should be, but this is not a big deal and should cruise to 50,000 words by the last day of the month. I’m in the low 30,000s so the end is relatively near!
  • I’ve taken part in some phenomenal writing sessions at my local library; achieving 3,000 and 3,700 words respectively. I love writing in the library I have found, and I’ll definitely be continuing to visit there once the focus moves from writing to editing and revision. It’s such a nice environment!
  • For the first time I’m facing the very real possibility of not getting to the end of the story within 50,000 words. I want to avoid this really as otherwise I fear I may lose the impetus to finish the first draft from one end of the narrative to the other if I don’t complete it within the month.
  • I’m really enjoying switching points of view in my story. I was originally a bit uneasy about this, preferring previously to follow my “main character” around almost to the ends of the Earth, but it does make a nice break to focus elsewhere for a chapter or two. I expect the reader will enjoy the break from the claustrophobic atmosphere on the protagonist’s tiny ship too, and get them to explore the universe I have set up.
  • I’ve also really enjoyed these update posts and they’re keeping me thinking about the project in the medium and long term.
  • No extract has been published – on purpose! Quite a lot of the draft is what I know to be low quality, and I look forward to hitting editing in January!

That’s enough for now! Expect a finale post in the next few days as November draws to a close. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment