As of Jan 1st 2013, this blog is retired. If you're not redirected, click here!

Saturday, November 10, 2012

NaNoWriMo Progress Report (Day 10)

Hey folks, thought I’d let you know how Nanowrimo’s been going as I hit the one-third stage:

  • I’m meeting my word count targets on pain of death, as I’m determined to stay relatively ahead.
  • I was ill for a short time last week which deflated me somewhat but I did try to write at least something; since then retained my modest word-count surplus.
  • Writing after work is actually going better than expected! I usually am tired but I just tell myself to sit down and do my words and I can manage to get them out. It’s quite relaxing in a way!
  • Aiming still to roughly do a chapter per day; on weekends I’ll try to do a chapter and a half or maybe more.
  • Weekends are proving the hardest to motivate myself on as I have all day to do everything else bar writing!
  • Lastly, I’m aware that my writing is absolutely drek at this stage. However, all is not lost, and I already look forward to editing The World Eaters come January; while the actual content of the chapters so far is awful, I’m pretty happy so far with how the scenes are playing out, the moods created and the characters interactions. So something good to build upon!

I’ll do another update periodically! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment