I think its great that people around my local area are getting involved in the sort of thing I do - impacting their community and doing something fun and productive? What am I referring to? Well, take a look: I've added a few new buttons (which are probably a bit too big but I shall fix that later) to the page, links to my Facebook page, YouTube and a column by a fellow student, Lauren Fraser. I think it's great that she has decided to herself get her views across. I'd suggest you all pop by that column, it's a pretty good read.
I had a read over the last day, and do agree with a lot of what she has posted, she obviously had a lot of sensible opinions, and its good that she can form these and post them publicly. My favourite article so far has to be Leave Us Kids Alone, which addresses the common misconceptions and assumptions between the young and old generations. I myself know exactly what she has gone though; people on the bus commenting in clear earshot about "young people having no respect"; this isn't the case, and I think we need to have a bit more co operation and understanding between young and old people alike.
Lauren has the right idea: young people need to be more proactive in their community. It is a bit like my attitude towards gangs of thugs who just wander aimlessly around: Perhaps instead of loitering around scaring the locals you should tell the council what you want! They are there to listen! I think this could be quite a good idea for solving street crime and helping improve the area - its no good councils thinking they know what people want, they need to work with the young people and get the things done that will be appreciated and used.
I'm currently very pleased with how Facebook is shaping up; more and more people are using it to get in touch and contact each other, which is great. I also think that those who don't really see the point and haven't signed up - and that is completely up to them - are missing out. I know the number of application requests can be annoying, but Facebook in my opinion has become the best site; it makes it easy to keep track of people you know, and it can be a lot of fun. I also think the Conservative Party has really got the right idea with the You Can Get it if you Really Want campaign - young people who were previously disillusioned with politics can now find information easily through their favourite sites. Its also pretty nice to know that David Cameron pops by to read wall comments - a real incentive to make your opinions known I think!
In other news: hopefully my cancelled speech will be reinstated. A lot of people supported me at the Student Council, and that's great,so lets hope the powers that be can do this. I think if I need to do some editing to it to be more inclusive of other ideas then that would be no problem - let's get this done.
No comments:
Post a Comment