OK, my blog has been a little desolate and deserted this month, and for that I apologise. I’ve actually been very busy preparing diligently for National Novel Writing Month 2012 which will be taking place this November.
It’ll be my third Nanowrimo and I’m pretty stoked! Last couple of years it’s been really quite exciting, and every year I feel I’m writing better. So it’s something I hope to continue improving with for the future. I aim to at least do this annually until the end of my twenties, and I probably will carry on.
There’s still two months to go until November 1st and I can start writing prose, but this is time I’m spending well this year, planning my new book. I’m not quite ready to announce it yet, but it’s going to be something along the lines of a grand space opera. I’ve begun building the universe this book (the first in a planned three – yes, I’m planning a trilogy) takes place in and I’ve conversed with a couple of friends who think my initial arc and premise is definitely going somewhere! I’m teasing you to the right with my initial notes in Scrivener with only the briefest hint – the title, The World Eaters…
I’d really urge all of you to give Nanowrimo a try if you’re that way inclined – it’s actually a lot of fun, daunting but you can end that month knowing you tried to create something, and if you reach 50,000 words that’s great, but if you didn’t, you still gave it a good shot and maybe next year you’ll reach the goal!
Writing in the depths of winter is relentlessly solitary, and I’m fine with that for the most part, but I’m also planning to make my Nanowrimo a bit more social this year, and if you want to add me as a writing buddy please go along to my profile HERE and click the link up top.
For now, go ahead and read my two short stories, Quigley Hubb 1 – Munro’s Wager and Oranges and Lemons while I keep at it! A new Quigley story is in the works for the interim between now and November!
No comments:
Post a Comment