I did another video blog two days ago; see it here:
- I with a couple of friends will be attending the Doctor Who Experience on April 17th! Can’t wait!
- A good friend of mine has gifted me a three-month LoveFilm subscription, and I discuss that. Since making the video I have indeed watched Inception – it was excellent.
- My home town of Epsom gets mentioned several times in the original novel of The War of the Worlds. How exciting.
- I discuss video statistics and where I’d like to be by the end of the year. That is, 100 views per video in a week and ideally 1,000 subscribers. All by December 31st 2011. Wow.
- Is a “clip show” episode a good idea on YouTube? Who knows.
- I start my Essay of the Month idea. Anyone got any good subjects for me to write a 1,500 word essay a month – for fun! – about? Figured it might help with my analytical writing, which I know has been lacking recently.
- This episode’s rant was Facebook likes and how they’re stupid. I actually follow this up on Facebook with a pretty epic take-down that seems to have been met with some good reactions.
WHY?! It serves no purpose! These aren't even proper pages, just posts on "like farms" which abuse the Facebook like button ability on external websites to generate hits and tidal waves of spam, which only link back to mind-boggling indexes of everyone else's absolute sh***y babble!
Is it like a pissing contest to see how many stupid Facebook "like" bandwagons people can jump on? It's not good to be a conformist sheep, people. Time to engage your brains.
Things like "when you have a million tabs open and don't know which one the music is coming from" and "the awkward moment when something mundane occurred and you decided to waste everyone's time making a page on Facebook for it"... WHO THE F**K CARES?!
I'm sorry, but "thoughts" or "moments when" or any more of those badly-typed, unfunny "jokes" or any more of this vacuous shit doesn't count! They're not physical entities so don't deserve or necessitate a Facebook page or link! JUST STOP ALREADY!
Incidentally, I thought of a better title for this episode, relating to the poor lighting: Gloom With a View. Perhaps next time…
Anyway, I’ll get decorating the site next week, I promise!
A thought for your essay of the month, maybe you could write something about the present time we live in and how lots of things are showing themselves to be advancing exponentially e.g. technology, life expectancy, your blog posts....
ReplyDeleteA few good sources of information (best in my eyes first):
http://www.kurzweilai.net/the-law-of-accelerating-returns
http://simulism.org/Moore's_Law
http://muse-musings.blogspot.com/2008/04/technology-growth-and-life-expectancy.html
and one which is related that will let your imagination run wild:
http://www.futuretimeline.net/
This could be a good topic for you because I could see many Dr Who references if you get to talking about space and time travel (look at the predicted future in last source I gave) lol :)