So it’s that time of year when people finally finish compulsory education. And, me being me, I think it would be nice to impart some words of encouragement to those who now face completely different sets of challenges.
Now, you’ve just finished seven years of secondary school. And for most, that’s pretty much all they can remember. Secondary school for me still beings back fond memories iof when I left in 2008. The important thing is to, yes, cherish and treasure the memories of good (and bad times), but also do not be disheartened. It’s not the end, but merely the beginning.
With the Glyn class of 2010 finishing, my “connection” so too finishes, as I don’t know much about the next lot, nor do I feel my “legacy” and reputation really extends down that far. But for the guys (and girls) that have just finished, I know that you’ll go far. There are some bright sparks there and I’ve every reason to be confident that you’ll succeed in whatever you do, whether it be going to uni or whatever. You’re a fine bunch (not quite as fine as the class of 2008, mind) and I wish you all well in the future.
Now, where’s my speech… and comments about my terrible 2008 hairstyle will be deleted.
the legend of holliday will live on, even if it is only my brother who knows who you are :P
ReplyDelete