I'm very annoyed with my laptop. First the CD drive breaks within a month and I exchange it for a new machine, and I need to replace both the keyboard and power adapter for this. Now the screen is on the blink, and I get irritating green lines on it unless I position it perfectly. Oh,and through "over-use" I have worn off the silver finish from the built in mouse. This shouldn't happen.
Problem is that now it's unable to be moved from the desk its tied to now without the problem with the screen coming back and aggravating me. I say the sooner I can get a nice new tower computer the better, they're a lot more rugged I have found!
Actually I'm not the only one with issues, although I cannot be bothered to chase up Toshiba for their shoddy machines. I have a friend who is having major pain with HP regarding his flickering screen and claims the fault isn't being fixed. It's not good enough. I am disappointed with Toshiba for the quality of my laptop, as all things considered, it's a good machine! These niggling faults are a bit rubbish though.
My advice: avoid a laptop for now, stick with a desktop. They're usually easier to fix, service use and maintain. Or get one finished in black that won't obviously show up wear or grease marks that come off your wrist. Silver finishes are a no-no I've discovered, to significant expense.
![]() |
Donations of £500 so I can buy a new one now are very welcome! I'll be seeing if it would be advantageous to spend £400 of my student loan on a new machine sometime.

Don't sit here moaning, go complain to Toshiba. If you don't make them damn well fix it, then they won't. This sort of consumer apathy is the reason companies can get away with poor quality products in the first place.
ReplyDeleteAgreed, though. Laptops are a pain. Don't buy one. If you absolutely need a portable machine, get an Asus Eee or equivalent. Less moving parts to go wrong, good build quality anyway, and a hell of a lot cheaper to replace if you need to.
Toshiba's consumer support site is a maze. Have you ever tried contacting them direclty? I'm finding it nigh-on impossible. From what I have seen laptops have now got very fragile with all these bells and whistles like glossy screens and memory drives. I'll complain and take my money elsewhere.
ReplyDeletepenispenispenis
ReplyDelete3 years extended warranty for free , i got till 2010 :P
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteFujitsu Siemens, fuck yeah!
ReplyDeleteMine had to go to Germany to have its screen fixed, but no quarrels with them. Sam's right, complain to Toshiba.
Also, in response to Anonymous:-
PONOS PONOS PONOS VAGOOO