So, after seven long, yet enjoyable years, I have finished my official time at secondary school, barring exams and results collection, that is that and it's all finished.
It's weird when something that you've been involved in becomes irrelevant overnight. But that is how it ends up sometimes, and as I said in my speech we need to embrace change, and not fear it. Obviously, I now need to find a way to fill the time between now and the start of (hopefully) University. Maybe I'll get a job; actually that would be very beneficial, as money will become an important aspect in the start of things.
But one thing is certain, and that is that I need to not waste my summer, but instead go out, have fun with friends, get memorable things done, and have a good time.
I had a brilliant time at the Thank You Prefects barbeque on Friday; the atmosphere was warm, inviting, homely, and the food was good too! But again, I was in the company of some brilliant people - of which I vetoed who went and didn't! Oh, the power of being relied upon...
Of course, the last day was not without its events. We had people in the leaver's hoodies running around frolicking with silly string, and some air horns and crackers. it was fun, maybe deemed by some as immature or over the top, but come on, it was our last day, and I for one am being uncharacteristically liberal in saying that we should let this go and just think that "boys will be boys".
| |
| |
| |
In my opinion, the assembly went very well, with mine and Ben's speeches being positively taken. The videos of some (but not all) of the assembly antics are in the player above. We did have a great piano piece by Jamie Ramasawmy, who dedicated it to his grandfather, and I'll try to get that up in the next week. And I really did appreciate the four standing ovations I got during my speech! You can get the transcripts of those speeches by clicking the links below.
I'll also get some links to the three Facebook albums that are packed with pictures of the day! So if you do have Facebook I would recommend getting over there, hopefully those profiles are public, but if not then tell me and I will compose special montages.
| Download a transcript of Ben Bryant's speech. |
![]() | Download a transcript of Richard Holliday's speech. |
I know you were all probably expecting some huge blog - I could have done that if I had left the whole speeches here instead of linking - but it doesn't matter. I'll miss the school and the people, but I will see these lovely people again. It's important to keep in touch with friends you have known for years, I think, and this is something I will positively try to do.
![]() | ![]() | ![]() |
| Elliot Stammers | Andy Simmons - 1 | Andy Simmons - 2 |
More updates later I hope!


No comments:
Post a Comment