A lot of people have asked me in the past why I am a member of the Conservative Party. They also seem to think that because, before I became much more informed about political beliefs, I used to default to my parents choice of the Labour Party, that I am some sort of shifting, sliding person. Well, I'm not, but more on that later. What also seems to be a common assumption, albeit very a wrong one,is that because my political compass veers to the right, that this means I am some form of extremist Nazi fascist. Again, I'm not. Lets tackle that assumption first.
I will easily admit that I am a proud member of the Conservative Party. This is because I believe that David Cameron will be the next Prime Minister, I agree with the policy on taxation and social responsibility, and also that Labour has run out of steam and under Gordon Brown has lost all governing prowess. However, I am not automatically a Nazi fascist. This is an annoying assumption people who know me have made; these people mostly stem from politically-apathetic mind sets or veer quite strongly to the left, and agree with socialism. Well, allow me to put it to you straight: I am a Conservative, not a Nazi, not a Fascist, but a plain social Conservative. Neither do I support or wish to have any thing to do with extremist organisation such as the British National Party. That's wrong. Moderate conservatism will be Britain's future, but we must avoid extremism such as the BNP, which I regard as a bigoted, racist organisation from gaining notoriety. I'm all for multiculturalism,but controlled, moderate multiculturalism. That's my view, and I hope it is now clear.
There was also a big hullabaloo about what I believed in early on. Before I discovered Conservative values, I was by and large told that because of my background, that my party should be Labour. Yes, my parents aren't from wealthy backgrounds, but twenty-first century politics isn't about that any more, it's about belief and passion for your cause. And no, I did not join the Conservatives to "just rebel against my parents"; I did it because I truly believe that the Conservative Party under David Cameron is what is right for this country.
I hope this clears any confusion.
Labour all the way rich!
ReplyDeleteRich this makes no sense, you claim you were previously following your parents views, but isn't your dad a lib dem supporter? Also being a paid member doesnt make you conservative, to be a true follower I'd think you'd take part in many of the invitations you receive from the party. Maybe, eventually you will prove us all wrong?
ReplyDeleteCons + Lab = Pointless unopinionated middle ground parties which change their policies to gain the vote of the average sheep. Thanks Blair.
ReplyDeleteSwitch to vloging if you want to get the message out. No-one botheres to read these days.
You claim to not be a racist/Nazi/fascist, and I'm sure we all believe you. Allow me to post some quotes from you that show us all that you aren't a racist.
ReplyDelete(In reference to Japan)
"But I love all the hai-ya-whooooo-yaaaaa-hiiiii stuff they do"
(In response to racism accusations)
"I'm not a racist, I just don't like athletics"
(Reaction to anything related to my foreign-language studies)
"Why doesn't everyone just speak English?"
"Lol, that's just gibberish"
"That doesn't make any sense"
(Discussing this post)
Me: "We call you a Nazi because you're right-wing"
Me: "And a racist"
You: "Yes"
Just a small selection of choice quotes for everyone to see. I realise that I've now endangered my life by posting this, but the public (and you) need to know that you do have some... bigoted tendencies.
"I have a very low tolerance of black, Japanese and Chinese people"
ReplyDelete"I just don't like anyone not from here"
More quotes from you. Also, no-one believes that you've turned over a new leaf. Frankly, Phil's as good as dead.
Here's an insult that you frequently use: "you big, horrible black man".
ReplyDelete