Ah, yes! Welcome to my blog.
A new photo is forthcoming; hence one of my old pictures from a few years ago will just have to suffice.
Now, you may be wondering the point of this. Well, I'll tell you. I've had the brainwave of documenting my last year of A-levels and any other such interesting things on the world wide web. Surely someone will find this interesting?
I, for one, feel that the Internet is a very powerful tool, and I should grasp this early on if I hope to have a political career. So think of this page as not only a diary, but a soapbox and commentary on life as I see it.
Politics, you say? Yes, I do like to keep a close eye on what's going on. And, also, as you may be aware (well, you will be now) I am a strong proponent of school politics, and am very active. And let me point out to you, that I support the Conservative Party - not Labour as many may think, not to mention my Politics class, who believe, quite reasonably, that I'm more to the left. This was due mainly to my belief that I should stick to the side my background dictates I should be on.
But surely, in a modern society, clinging onto "what my background dictates" is archaic? So, there I was, with a dilemma. And I did spend quite a few long hours, simply laying in my room thinking about my political beliefs, and with a few delves into the Web, found that this made me more of a Conservative - and I have to admit, they're on the right track.
I see myself as what I describe as a social conservative - I don't know whether that actually exists outside, but I believe this because I like things as they are. I don't mind change, naturally, but prefer smooth, transitional changes to jarring, "lets do this completely differently" approaches.
Anyway, enough about politics. This blog will start as text, and hopefully I'll sometime include imagery and video logs. But, naturally, we'll begin with a few text entries.
I also plan to publicize this website at school, not only to increase readership, but to perhaps restart the blogging ecosystem there. You see, I myself made it popular, by use of Windows Live Spaces. I used to update daily without fail; but, alas that blog has fallen into disuse; my topics (and general writing style) varied wildly, plus, yes, I used to launch scathing attacks on people from it. It was a dark time in my life, one which I don't want to delve back into; it wasn't fun, I wasn't happy, and yes, I did things without realizing the ramifications, and I regret those now - this new blog will be much more central and structured than that, and I think that's good. So, I'll start afresh, with an entry at least every week to two weeks.
And it will be no-holds-barred; if something has got on my nerves, I'll mention it. But, I do stress, this isn't a weapon. I'm not silly enough to resort to petulant "this happened, I hate so-and-so". No, things will begin as, and remain, civilized and tactful.
Also, perhaps we'll have some guest writers in from time to time.
So I'll close my little introduction by welcoming you to my blog, and goodnight, as its nigh on 1AM.
Oh, and if you so wish to have a look at me on a more personal level, click here to head off along to my Facebook page. Though be nice.
A Social Conservative? That's nice, but I prefer Communist Nazism. XD
ReplyDeleteGreat one rich, DJ x
ReplyDelete