Ah, yes, my first week of Year 13 over with. Good, or was it.
For the most part, yes it was. I personally feel that being back in my little world, where I like to be, feel part of and where people like me for who I am is great, a world away from my boring, drawn-out summer.
It also seems to me that my speech of the 4th September has had a great impact - everyone wants my handshake! And, in some cases, my autograph! Which I don't mind at all, But obviously I'm a little concerned about facetious requests for this just to make fun of what I did. Guys, please - I'm really quite a nice guy, so why make fun of me so?
Citizenship - at my school taken really unserious - was naturally farcical on Friday. The reason was twofold; one, the Year 12s were all having to report to one room (yes, that's 170 people) to get their textbooks. This was compounded by people having to dash across to have their fingerprints put onto the school's new biometric payment system for lunches. So that lesson was very much an abortion.
I'll tell you one of these new fangled ghetto-insults - calling someone a "neek", which by all means I'll assume is a portmanteau between nerd and geek. I fail to see the problem with being either; there's nothing wrong with wanting to be a bookworm and succeed greatly. It's already upset someone I know, and I'm not going to go off on a rampageous tangent; guys and girls, just accept it and live with it. We are cleverer than you. OK, perhaps not that bad...
Anyway, I look forward to next week; expect a few more updates, readers!
No comments:
Post a Comment