This is a post I never really expected to write but alas, as the calendar rolls into 2013, it’s time to hang up my Blogger shoes and move into new fields and territories.
Blogger, it’s been fun.
But why am I doing this?
2013 will see me taking my writing increasingly seriously. I think it’s a perfect opportunity to make a clean break and instead of having to deal with cruft from times gone by, to deal with new content in a logical manner. My Blogger site has been in use for rants, thoughts and writing (an interesting but I feel clashing mix) from when I was at school five years ago and I think that from now I want to keep my writing somewhere separate.
I’ve also outgrown Blogger’s infrastructure and I can’t wait to meld something truly beautiful with WordPress. I’ll still post there with some frequency and keep you all updated; I’m not quitting blogging, rather, I’m making a fresh start for some new opportunities.
And what of this site? The domain runs until June 2014, at which point it will be left to expire. Old posts do have hardcoded permalinks back to other entries, but I won’t be updating them. This site will revert to its original blogspot URL and will still be online, but as an archive. No new content; some writing stuff may or may not get migrated… I just don’t know for now. But it won’t be forgotten.
So guys… my new blog launches tomorrow; save the URL! And if you’re reading this, you’re in the wrong place!
Best wishes,
Richard :-)
No comments:
Post a Comment