I’m extremely excited to announce the novel that I will be working on for National Novel Writing Month 2012 and beyond: The World Eaters.
Let me start you with a synopsis:
In the far future, there was an Event, and worlds were consumed by great aliens and left as dust floating around a star. Humanity had fought hard to protect its fragile galaxy but the war had been lost, every man, woman and child fighting for their very survival, for that was what was at stake.
And they lost and paid a heavy price.
A hundred years later, the scattered vestiges of humanity cling to fragments of rock orbiting a burning star. Some form factions, some remain leaderless, some take advantage of the leaderless, but two new civilizations emerge and lock horns. And it is up to one pilot – Jack Dante, dragged into a war he couldn’t care less, a war engineered by leaders about by a power he knows nothing of – to prevent total annihilation of one faction by the other – for humanity’s sake, and his own.
Over the last few weeks I’ve been working hard to refine the idea from a concept that crossed my mind into an actual story, with cohesive characters I can’t wait to write and I can’t wait for you to meet. The World Eaters is going to be a new thing for me as it’s in my mind to be a trilogy of three books charting the journey of Jack Dante, the war between the Orbital Federation and the Shard Triumvirate and more, and I’m really excited to set up an epic space-opera setting.
There’ll be elements inspired from lots of classic sci-fi, yes. Firefly, Star Wars, Star Trek and many others whose names escape me, annoyingly, have been great inspirations and themes as I plan this book, but I do hope my premise is original and stands up on its own.
And I can’t wait for November 1 to roll on!
Check out my NaNoWriMo profile HERE.
I’d also like to thank Jake (check out his website) for being jolly useful in bouncing ideas off of. He’ll be doing NaNoWriMo for the first time this year!
Colonisation update: Colonisation is still being beta read, and I hope to have feedback and an eventual Kindle release early in 2013. Sorry to have missed the September/October-ish release date I’d promised previously.
No comments:
Post a Comment