When I feel unwell, mopey, self-centred blog posts usually result.
I usually seem to have the constitution of an ox, but unfortunately this constitution is not invincible, and thus when I do succumb to illness I really, really feel it. But having a “summer cold” doesn’t really do it justice, heck, it makes me seem like a right wimp.
But when one’s sinuses are loaded with goo, and one has an incessant cough that is like a chainsaw and a throat that for hours upon end feels like it’s lined with rusty razor blades, I don’t think it’s hyperbole to say I’m not feeling great. And I haven’t been, for the last 4-5 days.
Luckily I seem to have conquered the worst of it, but it’s left my creative endeavours in tatters, which has most upset me. My imagination has evaporated in a sea of lethargy, and thus, I’ve not read or written a single word in 4 days, which means that my chain (as set out earlier) has unfortunately been broken. Even worse considering I managed not to break it during a 3-day trip away by transferring my work and typing on my friend’s computer using a USB memory stick.
But to be honest, it’s good to break it in a way, as I can make a fresh start with my new project. Also, breaking the chain makes it more valuable, and I can take it less for granted. I also know now that I am totally fallible, but that’s fine. I’m human and I accept that. 68 days for my first chain is a superb effort, I have to say.
I’ve already got my new project – a industrial story called Oranges and Lemons – ready, with characters created and scenes outlined in Scrivener; just waiting for my bout of illness to subside and my imagination to fire up again! I can’t wait!
And if you think about it…. I wrote a blog-post, which means I wrote something! Salutations!
No comments:
Post a Comment