The seedy, nonsensical world of football yet again leaves me in a state of bemused outrage.
I really should stop reading the Daily Mail online. It’s an absolute trashy paper whose “moral outrage” campaigns I usually vehemently disagree with, as they were out-dated back in the 50s. The number of aneurysms this publication has nearly given me is getting dangerous. But I also have a hidden thing for going on there, seeing what story they’ve made a total mess of reporting of and, even more hilariously, reading the comments. It’s like getting a bit of a strange thrill out of seeing something go absolutely, totally to sh*t.
One of the headlines that caught my eye last night was this:
I usually don’t agree with the Mail’s sensationalist use of terms like “grotesque” or “vile”, but I make an exception here. Seriously, what the hell?!
So the world of football does actually confuse, bewilder and, more than anything, totally piss me off. It’s as if reality doesn’t exist there sometimes, where the brainy are replaced by the brainless. And I’m sorry, dear reader, if you are a football fan and you disagree – your compatriots on the terraces have tarred you with an unfortunate brush.
It’s bad enough to see how hilariously tribal people get over a football team. I suppose that comes with the territory of being a fan; I am not one and hence I have bigger fish to fry. I can also sort of understand the camaraderie exhibited to those players or other (in the football world) who have died and have left a mark.
But to applause Ched Evans? Have you lot actually gone totally barking mad?! He’s a convicted rapist, much as that verdict is annoying to some.
Also, I saw people have been “showing their support” for Evans on Twitter – whatever that means - and also breaking the victims right to lifetime anonymity. Why?
Because, obviously, this guy is, apparently, untouchable and perfect. Like most footballers, he’s a paragon of virtue.
Only in football would a rapist get a round of applause (source)
He cannot put a foot wrong – despite that a *scoff* court of law has heard and made judgment on. Courts, eh? What do they know?! Public opinion by those who know this guy for nothing but his football “prowess” have it so that either this girl led him on, it was her own fault ultimately, or it was “banter” (ugh…) and this whole thing is blown out of all proportion or basically that this guy one way or another is a rapist and convicted as such doesn’t seem to “matter”. What the hell is wrong with you people?!
I despair…
No comments:
Post a Comment