As of Jan 1st 2013, this blog is retired. If you're not redirected, click here!

Sunday, July 24, 2011

Redemption

Typing (not me, that's not a Model M!)This post contains Chapter 2 of my novel, The Last of the Steamers. A link to Chapter 1 is explicitly mentioned in the first line and at the bottom of the post.

As a lot of you might know, I published online a version of Chapter 1 of my novel The Last of the Steamers a few months ago. I also wrote heavily about how I was going to buck my ideas up in terms of my fiction writing endeavours and pull my finger out.

Well, I have a present for you all this evening.

It’s Chapter 2!

If you’ve anything to say, leave a comment down below or tweet me! I’d love to hear what you think, good or bad! Enjoy!

In other news: I have other great ideas for short stories that I will be writing about soon.

My trend of giving these chapter-embed-posts quite odd, one-word names continues (the last one was Godsend, this is Redemption because I feel releasing Chapter 2 is somewhat redeeming myself for being sucky lately).

And no, the picture is not of me typing; I have written Chapter 2 mostly on my beautiful IBM Model M. It’s turning into quite a worthwhile investment indeed!

I also don’t wear a ring, as it happens.

For a direct PDF link to Chapter 2 if the Scribd reader isn’t working correctly, click here.

Update - 26/9/2011

I'm currently working on updating the first three chapters (two currently available) for an audio reading that I will make available for free on my blog. When I've finished polishing the work, I'll of course update the embedded text versions here. It may or may not be significantly different, or just tweaked from what you see here today. Bear that in mind if you’re about to dip your toes into my initial chapters.

Thanks – Richard

FOR CHAPTER 1 CLICK HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment