As of Jan 1st 2013, this blog is retired. If you're not redirected, click here!

Thursday, June 23, 2011

Passing Thoughts: Annoyed Motorists

I can guarantee you that, at least once or twice a week, I’ll read something hilarious on Facebook such as this:

Annoyed Motorist

What strikes me as odd is that:

  • It’s never the particular driver’s fault for, say, parking illegally in the first place
  • The attendant who issued the ticket is always some kind of sado-masochist who gets a perverse thrill out of issuing tickets to people.
  • It’s almost certainly  some kind of massive Big Government conspiracy to screw whoever it is out of their hard-earned money.
  • If it’s on a technicality, say, for a wheel an inch over the line or something (you know, the sort of thing the Daily Mail loves having an enormous orgasm over), then without fail whoever is complaining will demand they get special treatment or otherwise let off.

    You’re right, it’s all a big conspiratorial stitch-up.

    Or not. Drive better.

    Name/picture and expletive blurred, because I’m such a lovely person, though no prizes for guessing which four-letter swear it is.

  • No comments:

    Post a Comment