OK, you’ve had your fun. But playtime’s over, punk.
Who the hell is it that seems to keep leaving foul, vile comments on my blog? And why would you bother? Yes, I’m aware my views are that which might upset some frightfully boring types, but come on – if you’re so offended, why come back for more?
It seems to me that this clown – whoever he or she is, though I suspect a he – is just seeking attention. Well, you got it, you little worm. Who the hell do you think you are coming on my site of, presumably, your own accord to say nasty things that, more often than not, are nonsensical and yammering? What do you aim to achieve, you little troll? Come on, then, if you think you’re good enough to pass judgment.
Now, I know I’ve broken the unwritten rule of the Internet by engaging (finally) with an obvious troll. But I just want to see what happens. Will this inconsequential little upstart be man enough to air his grievances in a proper manner? Probably not. Will they actually grow a set of balls and not hide behind my kindly Anonymous commenting function? Almost certainly not. But that’s fine.
What kills me is that people seem to think that hiding behind a keyboard saying vicious, uncalled-for things to regular people who just want to do their own harmless thing is somehow acceptable because no-one can find out who it is. Now, I can’t backtrace it or anything, but it’s a show of cowardice, in my eyes, and that of others I’d expect.
I’m sorry, but you, Mr. Vile…
YOU DUN GOOFED
I’m not afraid to post under my own name here because I’m not ashamed of how I feel about certain subjects that I choose to write about. In fact, I’m immensely proud of my blog. And those with whom I have a meaningful conversation with through it and though Twitter, which is increasingly becoming intertwined with my efforts here.
I have a feeling I might know who is behind this. I suspect it;s one (or more) of a number of bitter people who I had a schoolyard feud with back in 2005. I’ve since let bygones be bygones and moved on in my life, but some of these with whom I was at loggerheads (to put it very politely) may not have done so themselves. I pity them if it transpires they are the mysterious abusive commenter.
I’m looking to upgrade the commenting system here soon anyway, so hopefully this moron, whoever they may be, will lose interest, unless they have something meaningful to say. You will not be able to post under Anonymous names or pseudonyms. If you’re embarrassed at the thought of your comments on my posts being associated with, heaven forbid a real name that I can click on, that’s too bad. I hope that people won’t be and will comment, and be proud to refute what I say and be as principled and dignified as I try to be.
I doubt that will be the case with Mr. Nasty-face, but there you are.
For those of you not aware of the meme… enjoy
No comments:
Post a Comment