In the spirit of connecting with my readers – of whom I know there are a few, and I thank you for taking the time to read my scribblings – I think it’s about time that I shared some aspects of my personality with you all. It’s a beautiful day and it’s time to break out from being just the right-wing sourpuss that my posts might have you think me as.
A few nights ago, I, in an infrequent burst of spontaneity and, dare I say, creativity, I drew up a list of various little factoids that might be interesting* to the reader, who might want to know a bit more about the man behind the blog. So here we go…
My rollercoaster tolerance is virtually non-existent. If it spins, goes around corners at more than 25MPH or drops from height, I'm a quivering wreck. If it has inversions, I liquefy when within 100 feet of said ride.
- Incidentally, even the waltzer at the fairground made me nauseous as a 14-year-old.
- When it comes to curry and spices, I am a total wimp. Anything more adventurous than a Tikka Masala I refuse to try. I refuse to eat jalapenos and will pick the red peppers off pizzas.
- I refuse to go near any alcoholic beverage that has either been distilled, is unnaturally blue or green in colour and resembles Windolene, or brewed from hops or barley. It's apple or pear-based bevvies or Pepsi Max.
- For an (self-admittedly) intelligent guy, I have no idea how to play Sudoku. Or Reversi, for that matter.
- I'm aware that I might have a mild, undiagnosed speech impediment. Damn my brain for sending words to my mouth more quickly than I can vocalise 'em!
- Hence I write and write and write and write…
- The contents of my wardrobe, are, on average, four years old. And none of it was trendy back then, either. The wardrobe itself is on the verge of collapse.
- My room is full of junk. I get sentimental over little nick-nacks. That said, I have boxes of old school exercise books and papers I'm going to have to de-clutter at some point.
- I resent myself for having an increasingly-short attention span with books and movies. It pains me to be so fidgety when I should be enjoying these things.
Financially, I'm famously considered by my family to be tight on annoyingly-Anti Semitic Jewish proportions. I'm just cautious, honest.
- For someone who wants to be a writer, I have an inkjet printer. This could prove a costly mistake later on.
- I have never played Half-Life 2. Ever. I only got a Steam account last year. Another party I'm embarrassingly-late to.
- Most of the computer games I own are old enough to have been distributed on disc. And, even more amazingly, those old discs still work.
- I've had the same bed since I was about 5 years old. It'll be sad to see it go.
- My favourite font is Tahoma. Though, if I'm feeling rebellious, it'll be Calibri.
- I have Skype but am usually too bashful to spontaneously call anyone on it bar my dad and people I've arranged to call. I don't want to interrupt people, y'see.
- My phone does calls (not that I get many) and texts. Barely. Though it's sufficient for my cellular needs.
- Daily I become more and more disillusioned by religion. Realising my atheism and becoming more actively-interested in it has been a breath of fresh air.
I have a straw hat I bought in Portugal in 2008. I love it. I'll take a picture of it sometime.
- I am happily single. Have been for 21 years, will be for another 21.
- When I ran out of Monopoly Money, I printed my own. I'm always the battleship, too. Always.
- Unlike most guys my age, I own not a single issue of Nuts or Zoo. I don't think I've ever read those publications, either. Not that there's much "reading" to be done. I subscribe to the Doctor Who Magazine, though.
On a side note, I’m going to add to the Links bar on the right a tile leading to a blog called Irritated Mutterings. It’s written by someone I discovered on Twitter by the name of Joe Robinson. From his posts and tweets, he’s got the right idea. Go check it out. If you forgive my crappy blurb here, it’s actually quite entertaining and interesting.
*Your definition of interesting may differ, and hence this list would have been a dreadful bore.
I finally figured out how to follow this blog and I'm glad I did
ReplyDeletegill sans for life
ReplyDelete