Happy new year!
I don’t usually subscribe to these pointless resolution things, mainly as they’re completely pointless statements of optimism that never last past January 5th or later, in most cases. They’re also usually, with most people, completely generic, banal statements that lack any real meaning.
But this year. I’ve decided to set a couple of goals – not resolutions – for the year ahead. They fall into two categories; a main, overriding directive for the year of 2011 and a few sub-goals for me to accomplish over coming months.
Overall directive:
To be considerably less tolerant of ridiculous statements, ideals and happenings this year, and to use all powers at my disposal to not just complain, but provide credible solutions and alternatives to the status quo if it’s not good.
I’ve also set myself these goals:
- Finish editing and my NaNoWriMo novel, The Last of the Steamers at some point.
- To post more frequent, and more quality updates to my written blog
- To begin my vlog series in good stead and with good faith with at least twenty-four entries this year.
- Perhaps be a more charitable human being, with less of a penchant for “bitchiness”. I’m not promising anything quantifiable, though.
- To lose 3 stone in weight by June 30th, 2011.
If I think of more, I’ll amend the list. Not bad to start, now, is it?
No comments:
Post a Comment