As of Jan 1st 2013, this blog is retired. If you're not redirected, click here!

Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Photo Wonder

Now, this isn’t a plug, just an exchange of useful information that you might like to try yourself. This is not a technology blog, either – just handy hints! Nothing new, but probably could use some mild publicity.

I’ve had a few issues uploading to Facebook using their in-built uploader and of course if you have a Mac you can install a plugin for iPhoto to do it straight from that program. Now, I wished there was a simple way to do this on Windows…

Turns out there is! All you need to do is install Windows Live Photo Gallery (link) which is supported on Windows XP, Windows Vista and Windows 7, and the LiveUpload to Facebook plugin from here. They also include some helpful hints as to how this works.

LiveUpload to Facebook Now, I must say I was pretty pleased with how good it was once running; just select the desired pictures in Photo Gallery (which in itself is a really neat photo organising and adjustment program), select Upload to Facebook from the Publish menu, select an album and you’re off! Apparently it supports photo tags too but I wasn’t feeling that adventurous so left that to Facebook, but again probably something nice to have.

Happy uploading!

1 comment:

  1. Jah you guys do the parties in Finland also? This club 'Stockholm 63' does not work! We have to outside to do the duels with Hans and Nikolaj...what a bitch lads!

    ReplyDelete