Now, I know Twitter is one of the new hot properties on the Internet (or, as I call it, a glorious way to waste time), but I just don’t get it. Here’s why:
I acknowledge that I am not important enough for people to want to (or need to) know what I’m doing at every waking moment of every day. - I’m not interested in what people who delude themselves that they are important enough are doing at any given moment. Information overload, much?
- I’m also not particularly interested in when Jonathan Ross (who I loathe) is clipping his toenails or when Stephen Fry is sitting down to paint his garage. Nor do I care what colour that garage was or is going to be.
- I don’t do enough to warrant updating my status for every little thing that happens. And if I did, I wouldn’t have the time to “tweet” about it, either, as I would be actually doing stuff, not telling people I’m doing stuff.
- My activities or thoughts cannot (and will not) be dumbed down to fit into 140 characters or less.
- Facebook has recently done a good enough impersonation of Twitter as it is, and that’s quite frankly more then enough; instead of “so-and-so has just made the bed” I get “so-and-so took the Which Care Bare Quiz Are You and is the Retarded One”.
F**k me, has society been watered down enough as it is?
Now that’s micro-blogging for you. Have a great afternoon, folks.
NB: I have a Twitter which I never use.
Neil Gaiman has a Twitter, your argument is invalid.
ReplyDeleterichardstheone
ReplyDelete1. just watched the Apprentice; personally, Philip would have gone but Kimberley was pretty awful as "marketing expert"s go.2:03 PM Apr 22nd from web
Oh dear, you seem to have used Twitter within the last week. It would seem that your argument is, once again, invalid. Hypocrite ;D
Look at me, defending Twitter. Feel bad that THIS is what it's come to, Richard.