As of Jan 1st 2013, this blog is retired. If you're not redirected, click here!

Thursday, October 23, 2008

Mock Presidential Campaign - Quick Explanation

Holliday-Fraser mock presidential banner

A lot of you may have seen the two pictures on Facebook - a "mocked up" version of the John McCain-Sarah Palin website graphic featuring me and Youth Editor Lauren Fraser.

Ticket for Britain mock presidential graphicI did this just for a little topical joke - nothing serious should be implied from this. Lauren got picked (as it were) as to make it "work" I needed a female conservative friend to represent Sarah Palin - so Lauren got chosen as she pretty much fits these requirements.

I'm not saying or making any comment as to whether Lauren shares beliefs with Sarah Palin, but she has confirmed to me that she supports, to an extent, British Conservatism. No other covert meaning is implied from using Lauren's likeness, there are no hidden messages or meanings at all and I'm sure she sees the funny side!

All in all, it's just mucking around in Photoshop; nothing more, nothing less.

I have been getting better at Photoshop lately so more ambitious blog graphics may be used in the future.

2 comments:

  1. Sarah Palin's only foreign policy is that she can see Russia from her house. She truly believes that the world is 6000 years old. She somehow has found a way to be pro-life and yet in support of the death sentence.

    And then there's John McCain, who is a great man that i respect a lot, but at the same time he is unfit for a presidential position. I mean, this is a man who I would take a bullet for, but he is dangerously unable to carry out those duties.

    :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Many institutions limit access to their online information. Making this information available will be an asset to all.

    ReplyDelete