As of Jan 1st 2013, this blog is retired. If you're not redirected, click here!

Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Summer updates

Hello everyone! It's been a bit long since I gave you all an update so here is a quick one outlining some exciting stuff that is happening in the next few weeks:

Cabaret Evening - This is happening on Thursday and looks rather promising! I've been told there are acts of song, dancing and right-wing stand up comedy. What's good is that it is in aid of the Sixth Form ball which means that more money will be available to fund all the fun events of that evening. More detail can be found on my school's website.

Myself and Elliot Stammers will try to get some videos, pictures or sound clips from the event. You'll be able to find them on YouTube or Facebook when that's done, and I'll put some links here.

Sixth Form Ball - this is happening on the 3rd of July and looks like a brilliant evening. If you're yet to buy your ticket, you can find out all the details you need on the event's Facebook page. I urge all year 13s of Glyn to go, as its your last gathering proper for the foreseeable future and it will be a right laugh I think.

Oh, on the note of the ball, bear in mind that the party bus has been forced to cancel due to lack of interest. Dan Bowyer will apparently be refunding all of those who had already reserved a place. It's a bit annoying really that not everyone knew about this and therefore it has to be cancelled. Some people were relying on this transport but I'm sure that they will be able to find alternate means of transport as to be fair there are a number of weeks remaining. Better to know relatively early, I say!

What I like is how Jamie stole my Leaver's 2008 group graphic for use on the Facebook event! A mark of appreciation, I say.

UPDATE: The bus is back on. Contact Dan Bowyer to reserve a place.

Leaver's Day files - I am uploading these for limited availability to those on my contact list. if you're there you may access the high-quality versions of the speeches and videos here.

Anyway, keep reading and I hope to bring you more exciting bits and pieces over the course of the summer months.

1 comment:

  1. Might wanna update some of this info - ie - bus no longer cancelled etc...

    ReplyDelete