I know it's been a while, but I feel I should post some more musings on the Internet.
What is good though that my forever delayed Spring Break (ugh, how very American) has arrived, two weeks after Easter. Though we haven't had it bad, as we did get 5 days off for the Easter period and will get 18 days off for the spring break. But, the past week has been eventful, so lets break it down.
What was good was what I see as final formal recognition for my efforts in and around the school. From what I know, it's a common thought that I do quite a lot of extra bits and pieces and get "very little appreciation"; something I, to be honest, do also subscribe to as a view. Yes, I do a lot of Student Council work, and other bits, and I did get a mention in yesterday's big Celebration Assembly for "special academic achievements", and for my efforts received a Waterstone's voucher. But, even if that doesn't seem like quite a lot, I like books, I love Waterstone's as a store and hope to find a great book to treat myself with.
It's great that people such as myself - tragically few and far between at my school - get this sort of recognition, so I can hardly fault the people with that.
I don't have that long left at Glyn, and I think it's important to make clear that it's been great. I've made some fantastic friends and obviously I think that you are all brilliant people. Glyn is a melting pot of different personalities, cultures, and styles, and that's great. I like that sort of thing, I think its important that people can mix like it has happened.
But, there's room for improvement: I just don't like how some people just don't care about the issues that matter. It's not just politics, its the system in general. the rules set out are being ignored, and people are resisting. I'm not a person to have a problem with people resisting against those ideas they do not agree with, but sometimes people have to accept the unerring authority and superiority of others. It's not just the Year 12s, who admittedly have a half-baked (at the moment) idea on how it's done in Sixth Form, but also the Year 13s. Just because we only have a few months left on the clock is no excuse for not trying to make a difference, to change something for the better, if not for ourselves, but for others in the future.
This is why I'm going to petition everyone who will listen to allow me to do a presentation to speak of the dangers of apathy. And it will be epic. Let's just hope that the school see my point of view. Obviously, as and when it is needed, the speech and deck of slides will be uploaded here.
With the end of term, comes the deadlines for my only coursework in ICT, something I have really been working hard on. But I've hit a setback; I lost my USB. Annoyingly, it had original copies of a lot of stuff that didn't get backed up. What's more so annoying is that someone has to have it, I just need to get them to hand it back. So, I'm resorting to the most Twentieth-century trick of them all, the poster campaign. But it should work. It needs to.
While we're on the subject of campaigns, have a look at my campaign video for Adam Briki. He's going for head boy, and me and a few others did this video for his cause. Special thanks to Elliot Stammers for bringing in the camera and directing this.
Anyway, it's been good to get back into the blogging after a slight absence. I've a few other commitments to fulfil but I do hope you have been enjoying, and will continue to, my musings. Wow.
tldr version:
ReplyDeletemoan, moan
nobody appreciates me ///emocut\\\ oh zomg it's okay i gots a waterstones voucher!!!
barbed compliment for school
sniff i'm going to miss you all
moan moan, bitch bitch
request for more people to listen to me, unnecessary use of the word "epic", complain
i forgot to backup, grumble grumble
crap youtube video
self-delusion
1. ITS NOT A FUCKING DEMOCRACY.
ReplyDelete2. Cut out the conservative bullshit.
3. Nobody cares.
forget the times getting tough... look at those comments, don't come much tougher than that.
ReplyDeleteI don't think that the problem is apathy so much rich... i think it's that people want to have fun at the school's expense, rather than having fun with the school... they just don't see it as cool. Once they can get past that barrier they'll have a blast of a time, as I and many other year 12s i know, have succeeded in. That's why school is so fun at the moment for us!
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeletedavey g: Don't encourage him!
ReplyDeleteI fully support all apathy. Nothing ever gets changed with the school. Why bother?
ReplyDeleteWell maybe they'll listen *this* time, right?
ReplyDeleteHah.