I'm launching a new idea on my blog of making my opinion on what happens in my life known. There is no point in sitting around and doing nothing to better the world you live in, so let's get those opinions out there!
![]() |
The car is actually a wonderful invention, quite possibly the best of the Nineteenth Century. But I have issues with people's attitudes to their cars at school.
But let's first get the general story. A lot of the Year 12s are now getting their wheels, and it's good that people are eager to gain this form of independence. I myself wish now that I had started in the summer instead of waiting until now to get it going.
But, it's a concern that some people seem to think that because they have a car they can treat it irresponsibly. What do I mean by "irresponsibly"? Well, driving it into the school at lunchtime, windows down, awful music up loud... what other purpose could there be other to brag, and show off?
The point is we're not impressed.
I think Peter Bantock summed it up quite well, if not with a huge generalisation that may not really apply 100%, and I don't particularly approve with the wording but the message is clear:
"Retards get their cars first."
The car is an invention around 120 years old, and we have all seen it before. I also think that some of these people drive carelessly in the school for the sake of a few laughs. it's not funny, there are a lot of people wandering around at that time of day and just because you are a licence driver does not automatically qualify you to think you are Damon Hill. I can easily see someone getting hurt by this sort of reckless behaviour.
Another silly example of bad driving I saw today was the standoff with two cars actually coming bumper to bumper in what can only be described as a Neanderthal-esque, immature wrestling match and damage ensued. This isn't grown up, and I don't think its the sort of thing we should be promoting.
Though, on a side note, I do find it most reassuring that the vast majority of student drivers do manage to operate their cars responsibly and on occasions amusingly.

Your blog still sucks.
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
ReplyDelete