Happy New Year!
Well, I'm back at school, and it's all hands to the pump as usual, but more so as it is exam season! It's funny, as every January and June for the past three years and possibly next three will be dominated by exams. Quite a powerful thought that, but, it should lead to something good in the end.
Now, I'm not one for ridiculous cramming, so I've been slowly going over topics for the exams as they come up. I actually prefer the school's approach of all-but cancelling study leave and enlisting a policy of study sessions during lessons. I know some of my peers have not taken this too well, and even described the powers that be as "fascists" but c'mon... it's worthwhile. Study at home is usually dogged by powerful distractions like the television, social situations and the Internet. And the school library can be a lovely quiet place to read over your notes.
Anyway, on a bit of a happier note, I was informed that we on the blog have a special visitor... Glyn Head Boy Ben Bryant! Now, I did have the silly notion of dedicating an entry just to him and even getting some form of Photoshopped image, but no... I'd just like to say that I'm glad people like him - he is very busy with many A-levels and prestigious universities to shamelessly promote himself to - to actually spend a few minutes, and I don't care if it is no more then that, and read what I have to say. So Ben, thanks for having a quick read, and I hope my future blogging bits and pieces don't disappoint you!
Anyway, in other news, my media-ICT czar friend Elliot has completed the arduous and annoying task of editing his Film Studies film coursework that was recorded last year. He reported having quite a lot of trouble with Windows Movie Maker crashing out so perhaps an upgrade to Windows Vista any more... anyway, the clip is entitles Loner and it's a piece about "a boy who becomes lonely as a result of his intolerance for other people."
So enjoy.
Windows Movie Maker still crashes every five minutes on Vista, you bloody idiot. I know, I've tried in vain to use it. It's just a great big steaming pile of... Movie editor.
ReplyDeleteI mean shit.
ReplyDelete