As of Jan 1st 2013, this blog is retired. If you're not redirected, click here!

Monday, December 17, 2007

Been A While

Well, hasn't it been a while since my last post! I must sincerely apologise; I've been very busy with A-levels, UCAS applications and charity work to come on here, plus, I've had one or two personal and technical issues. Let's address some of these points.

A-levels are getting quite intense now, especially Law with the question papers. What I need to do is create rigid revision plans, and focus on key areas that I know I'm a bit iffy with. I've been doing some spidergrams on topics - and really breaking it down - which I find would be more useful then just doing reams of bulleted lists I somehow must memorise. My target for law in the January exam is a C, and hopefully if I achieve that I'll get the C overall in Law I need to go to my best universities.

Politics, again, is getting quite tricky - so much to learn about American politics, and so much of it is very dry knowledge! Though my Politics class is quite small, so we can break it up with humour and banter. This I feel is good. But I need to focus more on both the American politics side and my retake for some British politics - I got a U in one unit that overall detracted my score to a D at AS. This has to be rectified; I do love the subject and I want to do well! Another C here is needed overall for university to happen.

My UCAS application finally went off last Friday. Well, I say "went off" with a pinch of salt; I did all I could and now my tutor needs to check my references. I was naughty and got a sneaky peek of them; all good, I was glad to discover. So that will be off before the festive break, and with luck I'll get replies from my 4 choices - I chose 4 as there was only 4 places in the region I want to be that had low enough entry grades - in the New Year.

Now, charitable works. I'm heavily involved - as ever - with the school's Christmas Fair, this year in aid of disabled children. What's upset me most is the apathy I've encountered in getting people to contribute - this is a big issue I think needs drastic action to solve. Any ideas, humble readers?

Oh, and my techie problems revolve around a through clean-out of my laptop, and I'm yet to reinstall that most handy of applications, Windows Live Writer. Bloggers, get it, so you don't have to use the chunky web interface, which is quite slow and lacks spell-check. Well, inline spelling - you have to love those squiggly red lines!

Speaking of the blog, what do you think of the new colour scheme. Conservative blue, did you expect less? Actually, my membership card arrived lately, which is pretty nice! And I've talked a few politically-minded friends into also pledging support. But importantly I'm trying not to badger - people should only join if they want to, not just to silence some maverick member. That's not my policy - everyone is entitled to an opinion, whether I agree or disagree is of no importance and I should not try to overly "twist people's arms". That's not adult politics.

Verdicts on the layout as comments please - I read every one. Then again, I've only had about 2 ever on this blog!

And note the Windows Live Messenger button; but please don't abuse this and start flaming or otherwise being horrible. I have feelings too, you know!

Anyway, enough from me for now. Hopefully more updates will be forthcoming over Christmas and the New Year.

No comments:

Post a Comment